PMI AEROSPACE SHIPS GLOBALLY
All the Right Stuff, All In-House
PMI Aerospace, formerly known by the separate names of Precision Masters, Lamcam Machine and Precision Valve, has more than a century of combined expertise in manufacturing close-tolerance, precision-machined components and assemblies for the Aerospace industry. We are headquartered in a comprehensive modern facility centrally located in Rockford, Illinois, which operates 5 days per week, 24 hours per day. PMI Aerospace also has a manufacturing facility in Reno, Nevada.
What We Do
PMI Aerospace manufactures over 5,000 unique part numbers and assemblies in quantities ranging from 1 to 1,000 per year, with over half of those on LTA stocking agreements. Our in-house capabilities include CNC turning, milling, ID/OD grinding, gear hobbing, gun drilling, lapping, honing and polishing. We manufacture finished parts from bar stock, plate stock, castings and forgings. We also partner with trusted suppliers for a range of heat treating and coating services. The materials we work with include, but are not limited to, aluminum, all steels, plastic, Inconel, titanium, magnesium and other exotic alloys.
Why Choose PMI Aerospace companies?
We have maintained quality approvals and commendations from leading prime contractors and government agencies for more than 50 years. PMI Aerospace strives to achieve the highest quality levels through continuous improvement programs, advanced personnel training and constant integration of state-of-the-art equipment.
At PMI Aerospace, we treat you as a respected partner, not just another customer. That partnership includes our complete focus on bringing a product to market that reflects our mutual dedication to quality, reliability and value. To this end, we’ll work with you to provide manufactured parts, details and assemblies according to your exact specifications and delivery requirements. We pride ourselves on providing quality parts on time, and on meeting and exceeding the stringent requirements of a rapidly changing aerospace industry.
A History of Precision
Founded in 1968 as Precision Masters, PMI Aerospace began as a small machine shop with a focused strategy of continuous improvement. Over the years, we have steadily yielded enhanced quality, cost reductions and an ever-increasing ability to adapt to customer demands for parts that outperform industry standards.
Today, we are an employee-driven, technology-oriented operation in a modern facility with multiple departments and locations. Our on-site capabilities have expanded to include sophisticated grinding, 5-axis machining and live turn/mill centers. Our customer base has expanded, too. We are proud to have served the following distinguished OEMs across the Aerospace Industry, among many others:
- Collins Aerospace
- United Technologies
- Pratt & Whitney
- Parker Aerospace
- Space X
- Eaton Aerospace Group
- GE Aviation
- KLX Aerospace
- Lockheed Martin
- Unical Defense
2010 LAMCAM MACHINE ACQUISITION
- Lamcam Machine was acquired in 2010 to enter into the Aerospace Industry and quickly gained recognition as a leader in providing Ground Support Tooling, Fixture and Assembly Tools for service centers located around the world.
2012 NEW MACHINERY
- 2011 HASS VF7 Vertical Machining Center Purchase – HASS VF7 Vertical Machine Center with 4-Axis expanding machining capabilities to 30″ x 70″ to further support customer demands for complex machining.
2012 PRECISION MASTERS ACQUISITION
- Precision Masters was strategically acquired from Bill Cleeland in 2012 to enter the Precision Machined Component industry, specifically providing parts to the Aerospace industry. Precision Masters specialized in providing Precision Machined Component Parts for Aerospace made from an array of materials and specifications.
2013 FACILITY PURCHASE
- To accommodate double digit growth and projections, a modern 25,000 square foot facility was purchased in Rockford, Illinois and tooled up to support both Precision Masters and Lamcam.
2014 LAMCAM RELOCATION
- In early 2014, Lamcam Machine was relocated to the new facility to support growth of Lamcam and new equipment purchases.
2014 EQUIPMENT PURCHASES
- Precision Masters purchases additional CNC Turn/Mill Hardinge Centers Lathes and 5 Axis HAAS CNC Mills to accommodate new customer programs and support a growing customer base.
2015 PRECISION MASTERS RELOCATION
- In Late 2014, Precision Masters was relocated to the new facility to support growth of growing sales, equipment purchases and additional employees.
2015 PRECISION MASTERS NEW MACHINERY
- 2015 VF-3SS HAAS 5-Axis Machining Center to increase 5-axis capacity
2016 ESTABLISHED PMI AEROSPACE GROUP TO REFLECT ONGOING CORPORATE VISION
2016 NEW MACHINERY
- 2016 Okamoto ID Grinder giving PMI the new capability to preform ID Grinding in house
- 2016 Okamoto ID Grinder giving PMI the new capability to preform OD Grinding in house
2017 NEW MACHINERY
- 2017 Takasaw TS4000 CNC Mill/Turn center to increase Turn/Mill capacity
- 2017 Takasaw TCN2600 CNC Mill/Turn center to increase Turn/Mill capacity
- 2017 Halter Automation – Robotic Loader to automate high volume complex Mill/Turn capacity
- 2017 RAM Optical Sprint MVP 400 Non Contact Vision CMM Inspection System
2017 PRECISION VALVE ACQUISITION
- Precision Valve, in Reno, Nevada, was acquired and brought under the PMI Aerospace Group of Companies. Precision Valve specialized in the production of high pressure hydraulic servo valve sleeves, slides, spools, pistons and lap fit assemblies. This acquisition further expanded the growing customer base of PMI Aerospace and added a very “niche” area of high precision part production capabilities to the PMI Aerospace group of companies.
2018 NEW MACHINERY
- 2018 2 Talent 42 Hardinge CNC Lathes with Live Tooling to increase Turn/Mill capacity
- 2018 Engis FL28VP Lapping Machine to expand lapping capabilities and reduce lead times.
- 2018 Takasawa TCN2600 CNC Turn/Mill center to increase Turn/Mill capacity
- 2018 Takasaw TS4000 CNC Mill/Turn center to increase Turn/Mill capacity
- 2018 Halter Automation – Robotic Loader to automate high volume complex Mill/Turn capacity
- 2018 Takasawa TCN 2600 CNC Mill/Turn with Bar Feeder to increase high volume capacity
- 2018 VF-3SS -40 HAAS 4-Axis Machining Center to increase 4-axis capacity
2019 NEW MACHINERY
- 2019 Matsura Fully automated MX-330, 5 Axis CNC Mill with PC10, 10 Place Pallet Pool
- 2019 2 Talent 42 Hardinge CNC Lathes with Live Tooling center to increase Turn/Mill capacity
- 2019 Studer Universal OD Grinder to increase high precision grinding capacity
- 2019 RAM EDM Machine purchased to perform inhouse EDM processes
- 2019 FOBA Laser Parts Engraver to perform inhouse Laser engraving processes
2019 UNITED BY ONE NAME: PMI AEROSPACE
- PMI Aerospace Group changes its name to simply PMI Aerospace and dissolves the separate names of its business units, Precision Masters, Lamcam Machine and Precision Valve. The change marks a formal transition to a fully integrated company, streamlined for future growth.PMI Aerospace expands the production capacity of Plant #1 in Rockford, Illinois, to support new growth. State-of-the-art enhancements include a quality lab, classroom, a new inventory-control system, high bay storage and over 20,000 sqaure feet of additional manufacturing floorspace.